Terms and Conditions
All bookings are to be confirmed by the provision of a valid credit card, and no payment will actually be taken until check out.
Actual Deposits will only be taken for December, Bank Holidays or Peak Date bookings, and will be calculated at 25% of the booking and are non refundable. In addition, an actual deposit will be taken for Group / function / whole house bookings and details of these are shown later in this document.
Please note that if final payment is done by a VISA card, then a 2% charge will be added to the final bill, however, if payment is made using a DEBIT card or paying by cash, no extra charge will be made. This is unfortunately to cover the horrid world of banking charges!
• If you have to cancel your reservation, please do so by 2pm
three days prior to your booked arrival date. For example,
if you are due to arrive on 21st of the month; you must cancel by
2pm on 18th to avoid being charged.
If you do need to cancel within the cancellation period, or in the event of a no show, an amount equivalent to 100% of the total booking value will be charged. If you are concerned about the possibility of cancellation you are advised to take out Travel Insurance.
• For any December bookings, if you have to cancel your reservation, please do so by 2pm seven days prior to your booked arrival date. If this happens or in the event of a no show, an amount equivalent to 100% of the total booking value will be charged. If you are concerned about the possibility of cancellation you are advised to take out Travel Insurance. .
• For peak holiday dates, for example Easter, Valentines, Bank Holiday weekends and New Year, if you have to cancel your reservation, please do so by 2pm ten days prior to your booked arrival date. If this happens or in the event of a no show, an amount equivalent to 100% of the total booking value will be charged. If you are concerned about the possibility of cancellation you are advised to take out Travel Insurance..
NB. All reservations made within the relevant cancellation period will require full payment at time of booking. For example, (dependant on the time of year) if your booking is within 3 days / 7 days or 10 days of your arrival date, full payment will be taken in advance of arrival.
• All bookings must be guaranteed by a valid Credit Card.
• Check-in is from 2pm (14.00) and no later than 8pm (20.00). If you are going to arrive outside of these times, you need to contact The George Inn.
• For arrivals before 2pm (14.00), if the room is not ready, luggage can be stored. However, The George Inn cannot be held responsible for luggage if left prior to the agreed check in time.
• Check out is by 10.30am Monday - Saturday and 11am on Sundays. An extended checkout may be available by arrangement.
• The George Inn is a no - smoking house. If evidence is found of smoking inside the bedrooms, a charge of £100 will be made against the guest’s credit card for cleaning and subsequent delay incurred in re-letting the room.
• If any damage is found to the bedrooms, this will be charged against a credit card.
• Children including babies coming to stay must be pre advised to The George Inn at time of booking.
• Pets. Although we appreciate our animal friends - pets are not allowed in the bedrooms at The George Inn.
• The George Inn is alarmed outside of trading hours and access is explained to guests on arrival. Abuse of this access point which results in the alarm being activated, will result in a charge being made to the relevant guests credit card.
• For guests that have not pre-booked accommodation - credit card details will still be required and payment will be taken on arrival.
• As advised on external booking agents sites and our own website,
The George does not serve food on Sunday evenings and is closed all
day Mondays. Separate information will be sent to all guests via email
of alternative eating establishments, and on how to gain access to
The George on a Monday. Every attempt will be made to accommodate
flexible arrangements and times subject to the owner’s discretion.
Any cancellations due to guests claiming no knowledge of these conditions will not be exempt from our normal Cancellation policy as listed previously in these Terms and Conditions.
Key date bookings:
For room reservations on key dates, a minimum of 2 nights will be required. This will include, all Bank Holiday weekends, Easter, Christmas and New Year.
For weekend function or full occupancy bookings:
We are very happy to take bookings for all of our rooms for a future event e.g. a wedding or family party. However, the following conditions apply:
From the initial enquiry, a block booking of multiple rooms will only be held for a maximum of 14 days. After which any unconfirmed rooms (ie rooms without individual guest names and credit card details), will be released.